Sunday, January 23, 2011

Don't fall, keep looking up.

These days feel endless.
The nights fill with darkness.
Feeling lonely, but not alone.

I know you see me, I feel the judgement.
I'm scared. Take one more breath, walk up one more step.
I feel them tearing at my flesh, ripping me to shreds.
Keep walking, one more step..these stairs keep growing, it seems.
I will never reach the end.

Temptations surround me. Look to my right, They are there burning me alive.
To my left, pulling me away.
Frightened, running up these stairs..it's dark.
Sweat falls from my face, out of breath and wanting to be done.
Don't fall off, it's a long way down. Keep climbing.

Crawling up the stairs, still scared, still out of breath.
Finally, a door.
Take one more breath, open the door, to a new life.
Leaving all this behind..to a new life of greatness.

2 comments: